Provide Employment Opportunities
Crossroads is a non-profit 501 (3)(c) United Way Agency dedicated to the Clubhouse Model of Rehabilitation. This model was founded in New York in 1948 to serve people recovering from mental illness. It has been successfully implemented in more than 300 Clubhouses in 29 countries.
Our employment program helps return members to meaningful and gainful employment.
Clubhouse Transitional Employment (TW) helps members gain work experience, build confidence, and establish current references.
Clubhouse Transitional Employment provides unique supports for both members and employers, ensuring that it is, as the Wall Street Journal wrote, “both a good deed and a good deal.”
Our hope is to interest you or someone on your staff in a meeting to explore establishing one part-time Transitional Employment position for Crossroads.
A brief description of a clubhouse TE position is as follows:
- A Crossroads staff person will learn the part-time entry-level job in advance
- A member, your future employee, goes through the employer’s regular personnel process, but as a part-time worker, does not require a benefits package
- The clubhouse will train your new employee until all parties (member, staff & supervisors) agree that the member is ready to work independently
- The Clubhouse guarantees that the job will always be done. If for any reason a member employee is unable to make it to work, the clubhouse guarantees absence coverage by a Crossroads staff person
- Job placements typically last from six months to nine months. After a member has completed a placement, he or she will move onto a new TW, and a new member will be trained for the job
We would love the opportunity to meet with you or someone from your staff to present the program in more detail. We look forward to the possibility of building a partnership with your company.